A link to the W.A.S. news letter – May, 2016
The Club Librarian for 2017 is Dan Mulally. The club has several books and videos that members can check out for a month at a time. Dan provided the following list of books currently in the library (as of October 2014).
Dan updated the Library List for 2018. Some of the publications are listed below and you can download the full list here.
Some of the publications include:
- A World Without Bees – Time Magazine
- A Year’s Work in an Out-Apiary
- ABC XYZ of Bee Culture 41st addition
- Applying Pesticides Correctly – EPA/USDA
- Bee Keeping for Dummies
- Beekeeping and Honeybees
- Beekeeping Basics – Penn State
- Beekeeping, Bees, and Making Honey
- The Beekeepers Bible
- The Beekeepers Lament – Vivian (how one man and half a billion bees help feed America)
- Confessions of a Beekeeper
- Cooking with Honey – Joanne Barrett (Recipes)
- Guide to Backyard Bees and Honey – Grit Country Skills
- Guide to Backyard Bees – Missing from Library
- Homegrown Honeybees and Time Management
- Honeybee Democracy – Thomas D Seeley
- Increase Essentials
- Keeping Bees and Making Honey – Alison Benjamin and Brian McCallum
- Letters From the Hive – Stephen Buchmann (owned by Tom Allen)
- Managing Insecticide/Honey Bee Problems – Pennwalt Corp
- Noxious Weed Control : 2003 – SDSU Pamphlet
- The Professionals Guide to Managing the Insecticide-Honeybee Problem – Pennwalt Corp Pamphlet
- Top Bar Beekeeping
Good Reads Many of our club members have personal resource libraries and often recommend books to buy (or borrow). Per member requests, we’ve added this section to the website to allow members to post their book recommendations and any other cool things they find.
- Emma Fennel likes Beekeeper’s Lament: How One Man and Half a Billion Honey Bees Help Feed America
- Sharon Oney really likes A Book of Bees by Sue Hubbell. She gave her copy away and had to buy another for herself.
- James Ann Barlean recomends The Bible of Bee Venom Therapy by Bodog F. Beck M.D.
- Nicole Preble recommends Honey Bee Democracy by Thomas D Seeley
- Lee Alley recommends The Buzz about Bees: Biology of a Superorganism by Helga Heilmann
Several members recommend these 2 magazines:
Recommended Movies: Jim Green recommends ‘Vanishing of the Bees’ which can be ordered from Netflix either via Streaming or DVD or purchased from places such as Amazon.com. It’s an 87 minute documentary detailing the economic, political and ecological consequences of CCD.