Meeting Minutes – May 14, 2014
President Tom Allen…
- Jeanie McCallister was approved as the new Club Treasure after Andrew Muxan resigned.
- Shared a list of bee-friendly plants from the Minnesota Bee Lab.
- Minnesota Bee Lab has many short informational videos.
- Discussed forming a bee squad to help people who need bees removed.
- After installing a package of bees you should inspect to determine how strong queen is…
- It will take three weeks before you have new bees hatch.
- Look for eggs, larva, and whether or not the brood cells are covered
- The next Ohio State University Bee Lab webinar is May 21st 2 7:00AM – MT. Sign in as a guest – Topic: Ten Rules of Modern Beekeeping – Kim Flottum.
Members shared their experiences
The group discussed gathering data on survival rates.
- Michelle Hovland agreed to make a survey.
Minutes submitted by: Michelle Hovland, Secretary
Disclaimer: If I have misquoted you, misnamed you, didn’t quote you, didn’t name you, or otherwise made mistakes in these meeting minutes, I apologize. Please feel free to send me the corrections and I will correct/publish them in the meeting minutes on the web site. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org