Meeting Minutes – February, 2016
Wannabee Hobby Beekeepers Meeting Minutes: February 10, 2016 members and friends met at the Game Fish & Parks Outdoor Campus at 6 p.m. President Kia Smith called the meeting to order. Approximately 50 people attended.
The 2016 Officers were introduced.
- President- Kia Smith
- Vice President- Michelle Grosek
- Secretary- Lynette Epp
- Treasurer- Jan Snedigar
Kia announced she had the paperwork to change the Wannabe club name to Wannabee but wasn’t able to do it. Lynette Epp took the paperwork to submit.
- Kia talked about our State needing a Pollinator Protection Plan
- Newcastle/Upton wants a speaker- Jerry said he has tried to contact them
- Western Apicultural Society would like us to join their society. Jerry asked Kia to send the members more information via email before any further discussion. Kia said she would.
- North Rapid Civic Association- having a presentation on Feb. 24 at General Beadle.
- Guest Speakers: Dan & Tina Mulally gave a presentation on the Hogg Half-Comb Cassette Honey and How to do a Juniper Split.
- Dan also mentioned that the way they are treating hive beetles in Hawaii is to put a Brawny (dine-a-max) paper towel in the hive. Apparently, the beetles get stuck to the towels like Velcro.
Minutes submitted by Lynette Epp, Secretary
Disclaimer: If I have misquoted you, misnamed you, didn’t quote you, didn’t name you, or otherwise made mistakes in these meeting minutes, I apologize. Please feel free to send me the corrections and I will correct/publish them in the meeting minutes on the web site. Send to email@example.com