Meeting Minutes – January, 2016
Wannabee Hobby Beekeepers Meeting Minutes: January 13, 2016 members and friends met at the Game Fish & Parks Outdoor Campus at 6 p.m. President Kia Smith called the meeting to order. Approximately 50 people attended.
The 2016 Officers were introduced.
- President- Kia Smith
- Vice President- Michelle Grosek
- Secretary- Lynette Epp
- Treasurer- Jan Snedigar
- Official Spelling of the Club name: Kia Smith brought it to the attention that the Wannabe name was being spelled with only one e on the Articles of Incorporation but we spell it with two e’s on all of our social media. Joan Clements moved that the Wannabe Hobby Beekeepers change the spelling to Wannabee with two e’s to match our website and other social media. Motion was seconded. Motion was unanimously passed.
- There was some talk about the spring ordering of bees. Package Bees should be coming around the first week of April.
- 2016 Wyoming Bee College is March 19 & 20
- Porcupine kids are interested in visiting a bee farm
- Kia reminded everyone that it was time to register our bees with the State and forms are available on line.
Guest Speaker: Tom Repas gave an in depth presentation about raising queens. Tom Repas owns Canyon Rim Honey Bees and is located in Hermosa. His father raised bees and he took over his father’s bees when his dad became allergic to bees. He has been a bee keeper since he was a teenager.
For more information on Tom check out… http://canyonrimhoneybees.com
The time of the meeting adjourned was not recorded.
Minutes submitted by Lynette Epp, Secretary
Disclaimer: If I have misquoted you, misnamed you, didn’t quote you, didn’t name you, or otherwise made mistakes in these meeting minutes, I apologize. Please feel free to send me the corrections and I will correct/publish them in the meeting minutes on the web site. Send to email@example.com