Wannabee Hobby Beekeepers
September 2016 Meeting Minutes
Wannabee Hobby Beekeepers Meeting Minutes: September 14, 2016 members and friends met at the Canyon Lake Senior Center at 6 p.m. President Kia Smith called the meeting to order. Approximately 45 people attended.
The 2016 Officers
- President- Kia Smith
- Vice President- Michelle Grosek
- Secretary- Lynette Epp
- Treasurer- Jan Snedigar
- Old Business
- Dustie Go Fund Me Site- Jerry moved that the club give $500 to Dustie for her injuries with her bees. It was seconded and passed.
- Tote for librarian- Lynette moved that the club purchase a tote with wheels for the librarian. It was seconded and passed.
- Bill Clements gave a presentation about the bee incident in Sturgis
- Bob Ashiem gave a detailed informational about the difference between European bees and African bees
- There was much discussion about how we as a club deal with and be prepared for any instances of African bees making their way up to South Dakota. Kia took names of people willing to work on a bee club action plan, swarm ready contacts, and emergency response education.
Minutes submitted by Lynette Epp, Secretary