½ c. dry-roasted peanuts
½ c. raisins, craisins, or other dried fruit
½ c. roasted sunflower seed kernels
2 c. raw oatmeal, either old-fashioned or quick
2 c. toasted rice cereal (Rice Krispies or equivalent)
½ c. peanut butter, either style
½ c. packed brown sugar
½ c. honey
1 t. vanilla
- In large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, and honey. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and stir until blended.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients & stir until coated.
- Spoon the mix into an greased 9” x13” pan. Press down firmly.
- Let stand for at least one hour to harden, or place in a slow oven for an hour.
Calories per bar: 225
30 g carbohydrate
6 g protein
9 g fat
Recipe courtesy of the National Peanut Board (www. Nationalpeanutboard.com) and modified by Maggie Engler & John Halverson